This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self centered?
    I am only running after several people asked me to. And I waited after I saw most of the original Rocktropians that wanted to enter, enter because I felt that those people should be in government
    before anyone else.

If that's how the majority feel about me running.. that I'm being self centered, then by all means I don't have to run. I was merely pointing out what I felt were my strong points. I have done many selfless acts in my time on entropia. I don't feel like I need to be "self centered" and list them though.

I will not be attacked... I don't have time for drama. If I'm not needed in this government.. by all means.. govern without me.

Originally posted by Genesis View Post
    [
    Raven: Same with Fyrs, nice to see you that you have changed your mind as well. And i cannot think of a better person to fill the Culture position. But, i have some serious issues with that and more specifically, your self-centered approach. You know what i am talking, you do as well acknowledge it. Don’t get me wrong, the way you handle things brings “traffic” to RT. However, such a position, and any position requires selfless activities. Can you?
    [

Comment

Originally posted by NEVERDIE View Post
      ROCKtropia Government
      Main Objective of each cabinet Member is to Strengthen local Economy and Community

#3 Minister of Galactic Trade Deficit

Job Description: Must Provide up to date analysis of Imports vs Domestic Product in use on the planet

Please Post Feedback in this Thread. Thank you.

I think I would be good in that position, that's just the sort of thing that naturally interest me

I've never 'Twitched' though, may need some help with that at first... That is a requirement of ALL cabinet members?

Comment

I also would like to say that I hope RavenJade will play an important part in this new government, I think she has a lot to offer and is a big asset to the planet community

Comment

Its very encouraging to see the core community taking an interest here. We put more deeds out to be sure that everyone interested would have a chance to secure one. Anything that really doesn't make sense we can remove from the requirements. The Point is to make sure the Gov is active and accessible to the community with some transparency.

The Rockbucks requirement for Voting is not to make voting a for profit venture. Rockbucks are acquired quite easily by engaging in the RT economy. You will be be to trade a few in for Proof of Citizenship, which will be needed for our voting mechanism that we are working on. Im excited about where this could take us, hopefully you will too.

Once we have the voting method set up, then we can officially announce the candidates and get things underway, in the meantime this is a good time to keep the discussion going.. Positions are not set in stone. Minister for Online Presence sounds good.

Also your feedback will impact the next VU this is the WIP doc based on the thread for the Forum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I AM MY AVATAR

Comment

i throw my name in for the Minister of Wildlife ... most of the ppl know me ^^ ... for those who dont , i am 12 years ingame now, l moved to RT right after the launch and living here since also i am a lvl57 tamer with to much spare time

and i am full of ideas and will add and explain more here at a later point ...

but major objective as Minister of Wildlife i would first like to rework old missions to point once and compare em with caly once to get similar rewards ( if they are to low at the moment, compared with caly ) ...

also the first taming mission and some cool pets like tamable zombies lvl 13 or 14 with the same settings as cyrene pets to skill on for the next generation of tamers

and ofc i would have a open ear for any usefull ideas and discussions ingame ...

hope i got the communitys support and to get the chance todo some more for rocktropia =)

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy View Post
              i throw my name in for the Minister of Wildlife ... most of the ppl know me ^^ ... for those who dont , i am 12 years ingame now, l moved to RT right after the launch and living here since also i am a lvl57 tamer with to much spare time

and i am full of ideas and will add and explain more here at a later point ...

but major objective as Minister of Wildlife i would first like to rework old missions to point once and compare em with caly once to get similar rewards ( if they are to low at the moment, compared with caly ) ...

also the first taming mission and some cool pets like tamable zombies lvl 13 or 14 with the same settings as cyrene pets to skill on for the next generation of tamers

and ofc i would have a open ear for any usefull ideas and discussions ingame ...

hope i got the communitys support and to get the chance todo some more for rocktropia =)

Think you want #9 Minister of Employment vice #5 Minister of Wildlife based off of your description of hat you want to do: Wildlife is balancing the mobs and loot, employment is missions

#5 Minister of Wildlife
              Job Description: Creature Balancing , Spawns and Loot lists evaluation and recommendations

#9 Minister of Employment
              Job Description: Mission and Quests program development

Comment

Originally posted by Fyrs View Post
                I agree with your thoughts completely on the matter Jambon and believe it can go a long way towards helping the planet.
                I couldn't have said it better my self! +1
                twitter.com/AmberKnightley ~ twitch.tv/amberknightley ~ youtube.com/user/AmberKnightley

Comment

Originally posted by Inherent Legends View Post
                  I think I would be good in that position, that's just the sort of thing that naturally interest me

I've never 'Twitched' though, may need some help with that at first... That is a requirement of ALL cabinet members?
                  I've added you to the list of candidates, are you Legend in game?

Originally posted by Fyrs View Post
                  Think you want #9 Minister of Employment vice #5 Minister of Wildlife based off of your description of hat you want to do: Wildlife is balancing the mobs and loot, employment is missions

#5 Minister of Wildlife
                  Job Description: Creature Balancing , Spawns and Loot lists evaluation and recommendations

#9 Minister of Employment
                  Job Description: Mission and Quests program development
                  As per Fyrs suggestion I've added Juicy to both positions, if you don't agree with that, please let me know
                  twitter.com/AmberKnightley ~ twitch.tv/amberknightley ~ youtube.com/user/AmberKnightley

Comment

Genesis, first of, I totally agree we should post individual threads about our candidacy instead of discussing individuals in this thread!
                    But I simply have to respond here.

I totally support Jambon's intentions and support the need for the role he proposed. I also agree with you Genesis that this shouldn't be needed as a ministry post in the long run.
                    But with today's situation ND and RT could use all the help available to he can focus the money on actual developers.

As for RavenJade, I support her candidacy for the role she picked. I do agree that she is a lot about her role playing, but I'm sure she can distance her from that and focus on what is best for RT.
                    I believe that her spirit and love for this virtual world will fit well for the role she is going for. I do also believe it is important to have a person like her in the government, the very least on RT!

Originally posted by Genesis View Post
                    Amber: WOW!!!! Seriously??? I would never ever expect a person to get exposed in the way you did. Seriously, you expect to get paid in order to share your ideas? That’s how you plan to run a government or even be part of it? Who would like to deal with you from the moment you have stated you are such a person? Is that your community spirit? Is that how much you care about RT?
                    And for your feedback on my post... I honestly do believe that you got me wrong!
                    I know that I left some details out deliberately, which I (dumbly) expected you to read between the lines or simply not care about.
                    I've now learned that this is something one can not simply expect when speaking "officially"...
                    Not sure if it matters but in real life I'm not known to express myself politically correct as we say in my country

Anyway, to try and not leave something out, here goes... basically extending on the below quote from my earlier post
                    Over the years I've thought several times about approaching NEVERDIE, proposing to help out in different ways. But it always came down to the fact that I wanted to get paied and I had no good idea of how that would be solved without being controversial and still continue to play. In the end I was happy to become a forum mod and help out supporting in that way. But also just get involved with the great community we have going here on RT!
                    Over the years I've thought several times about approaching NEVERDIE, proposing to help out in different ways.
                    I actually even did so (offering my service for free) but at that time ND didn't need my help (NDS was still up and running more or less at that time).

My general idea however was to be able to get some spare peds (not rich) since I've always played for free (until 9 months ago when I did a big investment).
                    Earning some spare peds and obviously at the same time help improve the planet I've grown to love. When NDS eventually had to become only ND my wish to help grew stronger.

Unfortunately it always came down to the fact that I wanted to get paid and I had no good idea for how that would be solved without being controversial and still continue to participate as a regular player. What I mean about getting paid is that if I where to put in some real dev effort, I'd have to stop playing, which I really didn't want to do. And to be a none player I'd not want to put in the extra effort without some kind of payment, which wouldn't have been possible. If I were to do something like that (dev effort) for free I'd still have wanted to play, which is not allowed, dev != play...
                    So I wanted to play, I wanted to put in the extra effort (extra effort I'd not easily want to do for free, I do realise that I talk against myself now in one way...) and I wanted some spare peds since I was doing free to play... And well I didn't manage to come up with a great idea about how these extra efforts I wanted to put in would be managed without the controversial part. By that I mean why would a specific single player be paid peds for efforts that someone else could easily do? And why would that player still be allowed to play (depending on the efforts of course). So I never offered my ideas around these services due to the controversial part. In the end I was happy to help out as much as possible by being involved with the community as much as possible, in all different ways, updating wikis, writing guides, answering questions, helping noobs sticking around. At that time I felt I contributed a lot and I was happy enough with being able to help ND in one way as a forum moderator (which I still do and always have done for free)

So, I hope that this write down will ease your view of me and what I meant.
                    I still do believe that the monetary part is important for people to put in that extra effort even though there are a lot of people that would help out for free (as this forum quite easily express and show).

I love this opportunity with a government, it finally gives us and me the possibility to put in that extra effort officially without any controversies!
                    And I'm here to put in that extra effort to help out with growing RT and its community!

I'm not sure what else to write but maybe I should just stop there.
                    I'll just end with "Is that your community spirit? Is that how much you care about RT?" this part made me quite upset, I do care A LOT about RT and its community...
                    And if you don't know that or know me, then feel free to vote for someone else!
                    Last edited by Amber Knightley; 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Can I still apply for minister of employment? Or another field? I know I am late but I feel I am very qualified for the position. Please let me know so I can make a proper election thread.
                      Last edited by Venture Bros; 03-03-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Venture Bros View Post
                        Can I still apply for minister of employment? Or another field? I know I am late but I feel I am very qualified for the position. Please let me know so I can make a proper election thread.
                        Added you to my list of candidates.

Comment

Mentioned in his other thread Amber but don't believe Rusty has a deed which excludes him as of this time unless ND changes that.

Comment

I wanted to make it known that I have had interest in running for several positions within the Rocktropia Government and have been following the thread since it was first posted. I noted online that I was curious as to where to register and was told that it was unsure but that I should mention that I would like to run for a position within the forum. But Instead I have just been following and looking forward to the elections but I have not noticed any progress as to the going on for the election

So I am making a post now in curiosity as to if I may still run for president of the Rocktropia Democracy Government or any of the other positions within the Government?

.I see a note above made by NEVERDIE after the originally posted registration date noting that more time was being given while a Voting system is constructed of which will allow players more time to contemplate which position they want to go for. So I look forward to more info to come,

I like to initiate myself and have a reason for putting myself forward, either way in being able to participate in the elections or even the Rocktropia Government itself I am hoping to be able to provide service within the entropia universe as much as I can. If the elections are still available for entrance for nomination I will post what I will for my candidateship.

Also, any updates on the going on of the election process?

And as to the Streaming condition, Can I prerecord and make the 5 hours streaming into 5 hours of Recorded video posted on my video media sources of the said requirements of video content? If not I can make a resolve for the situation if come need be. I have been wanting to buy a new computer just so I can stream a lot of stuff and get better performance from gaming anyhow, just curious if instead of streaming that recorded posts would be acceptable?
                            Last edited by Kain Dewey Fall; 03-21-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

well watched all the conversations...and its good to see it unfolding the way it is Congratulations to all
                              Would have liked to have become part of the Government that's unfolding but due to computer illiteracy aka streaming etc i would find it hard to fulfill my duty in this regard
                              But more than happy to become a private secretary for any Minister who feels i could be of support to their Ministry

Comment

Hello All ROCKtropians and Ministery candidates!

I now read a great amount of what is written here and I must say I did get a little bit dizzy and a bit drowsy hehe. Its not easy to follow all peoples thoughts and dreams in this forum and I also think that worlds sometimes have nothing to do with what could became in the future. So I have some more suggestion to this:
                                I do feel strongly that Rocktropia also need a 12th postition:

#12 The TIGER position!
                                Tiger want to candidate for that position and with that I mean that Rocktropia also needs a TIGER that loosen things up a bit, not just talk about economy and politics but also encourage peoples to be playful, care about each other, sometimes doing crazy things and care about nature, mobs and about bewildered players.
                                My main goal with that position is that people needs to start think a bit more about KARMA and that we all are ONE in the end and to have fun.
                                You could also called this #12th Ministry The JOKER position if you want and it didn't necessarily be me that get that position, I can think of plenty more Rocktropians that should do it very well.
                                I also noticed that in here is many that are REAL Rocktropians to me, that didnīt candidate and that may be because of language difficulties, time or something else but that is a pity because that ppl are really dedicated to the planet! I wonder if you can think of any sollution for also getting them in?
                                Oh and last. I insist not to get payed for this 12th ministery. At least not like a monthly salary. But if someone think that TIGER/JOKER do a good job you of course are free to give.
                                Thats it so Good Luck ALL candidates out there!
                                (And I do apologize for my bad language hehe)

/Tiger

Comment

Working...
                                X